Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Laser hair removal treatment can be used to permanently treat and remove small and large areas of unwanted hair from the body. Best results occur in those with light skin and dark hair, and hair removal works better on coarse hair rather than fine hair.
What is involved with laser hair removal?
The area is shaved and cleaned, and an anaesthetic cream applied. The laser then produces pulsed beams of highly concentrated light which is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles, damaging the surrounding follicle.
The procedure can be uncomfortable, but it is not usually painful. The length of a laser session may be a few minutes to an hour or more, depending on the size of the area being treated. Any redness and swelling of the affected areas usually disappears in a short time. And most people return to normal activity right away.
Are there any risks associated with Laser Hair Removal?
This procedure is very safe and is approved by US FDA.
Laser hair removal is a safe procedure if carried out by an experienced person. Possible complications include:
- darkening or lightening of the treated skin
- burning/blistering of the treated skin
Since darker skin is more susceptible to changes in pigment, tanning before laser hair removal should be avoided.
How many treatments will I need?
- Most treatments require 4-6 sessions for permanent hair removal in any one area. The procedure can be repeated at monthly intervals.
- The treatment can be used on any part of the body including very delicate skin.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
- Ease of Use: Laser hair removal treatment is not painful.
- Less Time: Unlike electrolysis which is painful and takes a lot of time, laser hair removal is faster. With this process facial hair can be removed in just about half an hour.
- Few Side Effects: Laser hair removal does not cause skin irritation.
- Long Lasting: Laser hair removal treatment is long lasting than shaving, waxing or hair removal creams which have to be repeated every now and then.
- One major benefit of Laser hair removal is that it does not require any follow-ups, needles or medications.